The Tawny Hotel Limited (13271160) – reviews your personal data to ensure they meet the new GDPR (The General Data Protection Regulation) requirements that came into force on 25th May 2018.
How GDPR Protects You:
- Your personal data is better protected
- You have more control and easier access to the personal information we hold about you, if you wish to check, change it or have it removed
- You can choose how you wish to be contacted, for example by email or phone
- You can change your mind and you can update your choices at anytime
The new law states that we can use your personal data only if we have one or more of these reasons:
- When you consent to it
- To fulfil a contract we have with you
- When it is our legal duty
- When it is in our legitimate interest (A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. If we rely on our legitimate interest, we will tell you what that is).
The Information We Collect:
We collect information to provide better services to you such has having your registration card already filled in for you on arrival. This includes information that you give us via our website, through our social media channels, when you contact us via phone or email., and when you make a reservation or enquiry via a Third Party Travel Agent or online booking website through which we sell our products. The different types of information we may collect are as follows:
- Registration details (name, postal address, email address, location, mobile or other telephone number)
- Date of birth and gender
- Business information (your company name, address, VAT number, and Reg number
- Customer service info that may include comments you made either online when booking or speaking to one of our reservations co-ordinators)
- Any other information you provide when making a reservation
- Any information you give to third party online booking websites or travel agents
In addition the following Data will be collected when you fill in our spa treatment applications, membership applications, or guest forms:
- Your full name
- The name of your partner or spouse
- Your date of birth
- Your contact information such as email addresses and telephone/mobile number(s)
- Your geographic information such as home address and postcode (where applicable)
- Your special dietary requirements
- Your credit or debit card details where you make a payment
- Your medical history
- Your physical health history
- Your car registration for car parking arrangements
- How We Use the Information That We Collect from You
We may use the information described above for the purposes for which you provided at the time to us as well as the following:
- To provide our products and services to you
- To create a profile in our hotel system to manage your booking
- To verify your identity
- To communicate with you and answer any queries that you may have
- To deliver or allow you to participate in our services
- To keep track of your preferences and habits when you visit us
- To conduct statistical analysis to improve our website
- To analysis your interactions with our website
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share personal information with:
- Third parties we use to help deliver our services to you, e.g. software providers (such as Sirvoy);
- Ensarb Ltd (company number: 06586604) whose registered office is at c/o The Ashes Leek Road, Endon, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, ST9 9AX who are our sister wedding venues.
- Jenkinsons Caterers (Stafford) Limited (company number: 2864589) whose registered office is at St Albans Road, Stafford ST16 3DR who are the sole catering providers to our sister wedding venues;
- Other third parties we use to help us run our business, e.g. marketing agencies or website hosts;
- Third parties approved by you, e.g Treatment Suppliers;
- Our bank
- Our accountants
- Our solicitors
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers to ensure they can only use your personal information to provide services to us and to you.
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. Usually, information will be anonymised but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
We would like to send you information about The Tawny Hotel from time to time with information about products, offers, and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive our marketing, you may opt out at any time by clicking on the opt out button in each of our newsletters.
We also use Google Ads from time to time remarketing our services to third party websites including Google to previous visitors of our website. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who have not completed a task on our site, for example using our contact form or not checking out when they have started shopping with us.
You can set your own preferences for how Google advertise to you using the Google Ad Preference page and if you want to you can opt out if interested.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again the cookie allows the site to recognise your browser. Cookie may store preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However some websites may not function properly without cookies.
Third Party Cookies
Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a reporting tool for Websites that allows us to review anonymous information about how our website is used and how visitors use our site and get to it. Google Analytics do not collect personal data about our visitors.
Please note that this clause does not apply to any transfer of the Data outside the EEA as governed by the Data Protection Act, where it will not be transferred unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of Data in relation to the processing of personal data.
Accessing and Amending Your Data
You have a right to access a copy of the Data which we hold about you. If you would like to do this, please email us at [email protected] and the subject matter in the email, as per the terms of GDPR, we will provide the Data within thirty (30) days of receipt of your written request. This is a free of charge service.
You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
You are able to make amendments, or withdraw your consent for use, by telling our reception staff when you check in or by contacting us via email at [email protected]
If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your personal Data, depending upon the nature of your request, we may not be able to provide or continue providing our products and services to you, or administer any contractual relationship already in place. You understand and agree that in such instances where we require your personal Data to fulfil a contractual obligation to you and you withdraw your consent to collect, use or disclose the relevant personal Data for those purposes, we cannot be held liable for breach of that agreement. Our legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
Retention of Information
Your personal Data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it is collected, for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws.
Links to Other Websites
Have a Question?